Saturday, August 7, 2010

I just used TREND MICRO HouseCall 6.5 and it found adware_memwatcher... can someone tell me what tha

It's something to do with a BHO protection system. I read that if you have Spybot Search %26 Destroy you have to disable Tea Timer %26 then run 6.5. It's said to be a false positive, which probably means it's Tea Timer's fault for doing some encoding to protect certain BHOs, %26 this is turning up as malware or some kind of unknown. Try it all over again with Tea Timer off, though I'm not sure how to turn it off, %26 hope the results come back that it's gone. This would keep bothering me. It's happened with other anti-this-%26-that programs down the line. Spybot should eventually get in touch with them %26 tell them what's going on if this is the case.



I just used TREND MICRO HouseCall 6.5 and it found adware_memwatcher... can someone tell me what that is?abtuvurys 2005



It's a false positive associated with SpyBot S+D. If you use F8 to get into safe mode, choose safe mode with networking. Then run your trend micro house call scan. You'll see it comes up with nothing. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment