Saturday, August 7, 2010

Is my computer infected with Spyware/Adware? What do I need to do to fix it?

Every time I shut down my computer I get a message box that reads, "Shutting Down 'zcom_ad'". This message pops up right before the system shuts down. I don't own a program by this name and am unable to find its location by doing a search in "My Computer". I have scanned my system with "Ad Aware", a free program I downloaded. It does not pickup this "zcom_ad" program. I used to use Spysweeper to protect my system but the last time I download an update my system crashed and I had to replace the hard drive.



I have two questions, first do you think my computer is infected with spyware or some other malicious program that might steal my personal information as I type it into the computer?



Second, if my computer is infected, what solution would use pose to getting rid of the malicious program?



Is my computer infected with Spyware/Adware? What do I need to do to fix it?antivirus



for starters, download Superantispyware. it's a very thorough program that gets rid of a lot of spyware. Next, I'd make sure your system is secure meaning, do you have a firewall, anti virus, and reliable anti spyware, and anti adware programs. What practices could you be doing to make your computer at risk? good luck



Is my computer infected with Spyware/Adware? What do I need to do to fix it?computer

No comments:

Post a Comment